New GPy with upgraded calibration.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: As of December 2019, all PyCom cellular products have been recalibrated and screened on all 17 bands with a vastly improved RF test system to guarantee more stable connectivity, lower power consumption and faster network attachment.
New specialised equipment and software from Rhode & Schwarz enables Pycom to do more precise measurements during the calibration process. This enhances RF sensitivity and thus signal quality especially in areas with poor cellular coverage while reducing output power during transmit to improve battery performance.
Get on with a board that gets you into the newly available LTE CAT M1 / NB1 networks. The GPy gives you full flexibility during testing, install, deployment and is delivered RCM, IC, CE and FCC certified.
The GPy is our Micropython-programmable triple bearer. Different from its SiPy counterpart, the GPy offers WiFI, BLE and cellular CAT-M1/NB1. Create and connect your things everywhere.
NOTE: The Cellular Antenna MUST always be used with LTE CAT-M1/NB1 or the board could become seriously damaged.
Also available as a bundle deal.
Note: The Cellular Antenna MUST always be used with LTE CAT M1 / NB1, or it could cause serious damage to the development board.
- Powerful CPU
- 1KM WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: fraction compared to other connected microcontrollers
Ports for LTE Bands
Low bands 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28
699 to 915 MHz
729 to 960 MHz
Mid bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 25, 66
1710 to 1980MHz
1805 to 2170 MHz
Cellular Operating Frequencies
- 17 bands supported from 699Mhz to 2170Mhz (Total world-wide support)
- Bands supported are currently: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 66
- One single chip for both CAT M1 and NB1
- 3GPP release 13 LTE Advanced Pro
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1/NB1
- Integrated baseband, RF, RAM memory and power management
- Reduced Tx power class option
- Peak power estimations: TX current = 420mA peak @1.5Watt RX current = 330mA peak @1.2Watt
- Data rates:
- 300kbps DL
- 375 kbps UL (LTE Cat M1 in 1.4Mhz in 1.4 Mhz, HD-FDD)
- 40 kbps DL
- 55kbps UL (LTE Cat M2 in 200 kHz, HD-FDD)
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8_12 bit ADCs, 2_8 bit DAC
- Timers: 2_64 bit with PWM with up to 16 channels
- DMA on all peripherals
- Voltage Input: 3.3V 5.5V
- 3v3 output capable of sourcing up to 400mA
- Espressif ESP32 SoC
- Dual processor WiFi radio system on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support up to 1.2
- WPA Enterprise security
- AES encryption engine
- RAM: 4MB
- Flash Memory: 8MB
- GPIO: Up to 22
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
Hash / Encryption
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.11b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (Without Headers)
- NET: 7gr